You visit the castle and the ramparts of Carcassonne with your family? Discover all our offers !
Visits and activities
Discover the castle with your children! Several possibilities are proposed to you:
- The game booklet: Discover the castle while having fun with the help of Margot! Suitable for children aged 8 to 10.
Available at the ticket office.
- The discovery tour: Observe the fortifications of the castle and the rampart with a guide. Thanks to the traces of the past, discover the evolution of the military architecture of the city!
Duration: about 1 hour, from 6 years old
Book your ticket
- Children's cartels: Discover the castle, its pathways and its archaeological repository and explore 2,500 years of history independently thanks to the child-friendly cartels!
During the vacations
To discover the castle while having fun, our "Tales and stories" and "Monument jeu d'enfant" events will offer you unforgettable moments of discovery.
Tips for your visit
Enjoy the city of Carcassonne
After your visit of the Castle and its ramparts, stroll in the streets of the city and walk along the lices. Ideal to stretch your legs!
How to eat ?
Several green spaces are at your disposal to picnic in the city.
Many restaurants are open all year round in the Cité, an opportunity to take a break and taste the local gastronomy.
Free admission conditions
Admission is free for children under 18 years old. Take advantage of it!
Visit with peace of mind!
- Stroller parking
- No flash photography allowed in the castle
- Animals are not allowed (except guide dogs and assistance dogs)
- It is forbidden to touch the works of art exhibited in the castle
- Instructions: not accessible
- No picnics allowed in the monument